Saturday, January 5, 2013

1 Thessalonians 5:17 WOAH

I don’t like being negative but today wasn’t the greatest. Nothing seemed to go how I expected or how i’d like. But it’s slowing turning around. I came across 1 Thessalonians 5:17. Pray without ceasing. Woah. Read that again. Pray without ceasing. I’m sure I’ve heard that before but it’s never hit me like it did today. Just to make sure Paul wasn’t exaggerating or joking around with the church of the Thessalonians, I looked this verse up in every English translation of the Bible.
Pray continually.
Never stop praying.
Pray without ceasing.
Pray constantly.
Pray unceasingly.
Continually be prayerful.
Be unceasing in prayer.
And my personal favorite, continually pray ye.
Paul doesn’t seem to be joking. I was so concerned about my life’s flaws that I missed that. I didn’t even start praying today. I’ve challenged myself with this: continually be prayerful. Philippians 4:6 is a verse I’ve been told many times but it’s time to apply it. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And that’s my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment