Saturday, January 5, 2013

Matthew 24:42


I’ve been coming across all kinds of crazy verses recently. Pray without ceasing was crazy verse number one. Here’s number two: Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
Let’s be real, we all sleep a lot. But not just physical sleep. How often do I fill my time with productive activity or conversation? I’d say rarely. Maybe just Sundays. I’m fairly dormant. I’m sleeping. I could applaud myself for having at least one day but I don’t think Christianity works like that. God is active all seven days of every week and month and year. So shouldn’t I be too? I need to be awake and active in my community – working to expand God’s Kingdom constantly. I need to pray without ceasing. Listen without interrupting. Give without sparing. Love without judging. I need to spending a ridiculous amount of time in God’s Word.
I feel a little crazy for saying all of this – It is a pretty crazy idea. But it’s worth a try. Maybe you’ll try with me? Let’s live life AWAKE

No comments:

Post a Comment